The Advanced Miner is a miner that has four Small Mining Lasers. This allows it to mine Asteroids at the same rate of as the Industrial Miner, but with a 1500 stud range reduction. It is currently the fifth most expensive of all the non-event Miners in-game. It has a health pool of 1600, divided into 600 shield and 1000 hull respectively. Its mining range is 4000 studs.
The Advanced Miner essentially has no interior; The pilot's seat rests under a small glass bubble with nothing else inside.
- Fast mining speed.
- Somewhat large ore hold.
- Four Small Mining Lasers.
- Moderate cost.
- Great acceleration.
- Low health, 1600 hp in total.
- Can be easily taken down with any ship if too far from your base.
- An easy target for most Pirates.
- Takes at least 10 trips to earn back the purchase cost.
- Hard to aim the Mining Lasers.
- Aliens often target Miners.
- Check if any enemies are coming every 30 seconds, either by looking around or on the Minimap.
- Stay near your base so that you can make it back quickly if someone declares War.
- Fly back to the base when someone declares war on your Faction.
- Always mine in a faction that is not at War with anyone so you can make sure you will be safe.
- Don't mine at Mega Base if you are at War and aren't protected.
- .61h1? - Warp Drive added.
- Received a remodel in version .65a.
- The old model is based on the Retriever Mining Barge from the game Eve Online.
- Before the second and the third model was made, the Advanced Miner was just a modified Tango with 4 Small Mining Lasers.
- Some people call this ship's second model the Spoon.
- Brings in about 1250 credits without any Loyalty per run, but can earn up to 2250.
- The Advanced Miner was originally called the Venture. The description read: Recognizing the dire need for a ship capable of fast operation in unsafe territories, ORE created the Venture. It was conceived as a vessel primed and ready for any capsuleer, no matter how new to the dangers of New Eden they might be, who wishes to engage in the respectable trade of mining. The Venture has amazing abilities to quickly drill through to the ores and gases it's after, harvesting them at the speed necessary for mining in hostile space, and getting out relatively unscathed.
- The current model was based of the original model.
- A Fortnite shoe is hidden somewhere on the current model.
- Was chosen as one of the 7 ships used for the Christmas 2018 Event, with the Snowy Advanced Miner being its stronger, Limited Event counterpart.
- The current model looks a lot like the Venture from Eve Online