The Ampharos is a Battleship that consists of 2 heavy blast wings attached to its main body.
The interior of the Ampharos begins with a long hallway that leads to two staircases. These lead up the bridge and pilots seat, which has a control panel around it. There are 2 smaller staircases on each side that can be used to reach the lower section of the bridge, which has two seats, some more control panels, and a teleporter back to the exit of the ship, at the beginning of the long hallway. The teleporter can be used both ways.
- Absolutely shreds small ships.
- High mobility.
- Decent Spinals.
- Powerful Turrets.
- Extremely good at fleet support.
- 4th fastest Battleship in the game, right behind the Witch.
- Lower than average health.
- Blind spot on the belly of the ship.
- Weak against other Battleships and Dreadnoughts.
- Can't siege due to the lack of Railguns and Heavy Weaponry.
- Spinals are hard to aim due to being so far apart.
- It's close range rapid-fire armament makes it ideal for fighting small, fast ships, such as the Razor Wing.
- Having multiple Ampharos' alongside Dreadnoughts (above, sides, and bottom) can be the difference in victory or defeat, as the Dreadnoughts can focus completely on the base or other threats while you deal with the smaller ships.
- It is a good ship for pirating or escort, however, it is not as mobile as other combat ships such as Sixfold or Grievion.
- Don't try to attack a Starbase, as you are a giant target and will quickly get shredded by the Large Lasers.
- Try to get under the ship you are attacking, as your Turrets all fire upwards. That way, you can get the most damage out as possible.
- When attacking a Nyx, the Ampharos is incredible as it can destroy Nixesions with ease.
- This ship CAN be used in a siege to protect larger ships from Fighters and Frigates.
- The model of the ship was remade in update .53 for unknown reasons.
- Changed in .63h to have nearly 1000 more health in each stat, replace the Light Cannons with dual Medium Cannons, and increased the price.
- On the lower bridge, there is a table with a 3D image of the old Mega Base.
- This ship has the exact same name as Ampharos from the Pokemon series.
- One of the five ships chosen to be remodeled as a Halloween ship, this one being the Bone Ampharos or "Flying Skelly"