Mostly used in base sieging, the Naglfar is an excellent choice for swooping in and destroying Starbase shields. Its Turrets will destroy the Starbase's shield in around 1 minute, and it's high speed allows it to dodge most enemy fire.
The Naglfar also has 0 interior, much like the Cyclops had before it was updated.
- Can burn down shields easily.
- Decent firepower vs smaller ships.
- Higher-than-average health and mobility.
- Low cost.
- High PvP capabilities.
- One of if not the best base defense Dreads.
- Able to out-range other ships, use this to your advantage.
- Good all-rounder.
- The low amount of kinetic weapons makes it hard to destroy hull.
- Vulnerable bottom.
- Bad Turret placement against ships below its class.
- No defense against small ships unless they go above you and are very close.
- No interior, if you care about that.
- Get under your target at all times, due to all firepower being above the ship.
- Have teammates with hull - killing ships to help after you destroy your target's shield.
- Unless you are an insane pilot - If there is a Cobra or Cruiser that has ease getting under you, just do yourself a favor and don't try to fight it.
- Always approach the target from underneath to ensure all your lasers hit.
- Use the Spinal to significantly damage the hull of enemy ships.
- It handles better then most dreadnoughts, but always be alert. If reinforcements arrive, accelerate to top speed, weaken their shields, and warp out.
- You must not allow your shield to become depleted. If it does happen to go down, call in backup and warp out.
- If there are any base defenders, focus on them first. They pose a greater risk to you and your fleet than the base.
- Never tank in a siege, a Starbase would make short work of your shields.
- Avoid ships with high mobility and heavy weapons, such as the Retribution and the Hawklight.
- Work closely with your team when defending, especially if one of your team-mates is in a ship that's excellent vs hull to put ships out of action for a long repair, if not outright destroy them.
- Remodeled in .61h1
- Sometimes called a moving Level 1 Starbase, as it has the exact same turrets and almost same health.
- Some people prefer the Sagittarius over this because it can support many different roles and has no blind spots. The Sagittarius is more expensive though.
- The Tempest has better PvP capabilities, so most players that value PvP find the extra 37K to get the Tempest worth it.
- The Slipstream is based on the Naglfar from EVE Online, and would've likely had that as its name if it wasn't taken by this ship.