The Sagittarius is a long-range shield-breaking Dreadnought.
The Sagittarius is almost entirely focused on dealing heavy shield damage, aside from one flak cannon to deter ships. Its latest remodel was designed to make it appear like a long-barreled rifle, which is why many people called it the "sniper" when the remodel was added. This Dreadnought is not commonly seen, but is still useful for crippling Starbases or ship shields.
The interior is plain. When you walk into the ship you will see a staircase with two doors on either side. If you walk through one of them you will get to the bridge and see a pilot's chair and two chairs on the side for passengers.
- High overall damage, especially vs shields.
- Relatively low price.
- Powerful Spinals.
- Decent health.
- Long ranged.
- Phasers deal decent damage.
- Slow for a dreadnought.
- Low damage against hull.
- Vulnerable backside.
- Unable to siege a base alone, but it can still take out NPC bases.
- Little self-defense.
- Contrary to its in-game description, it will be difficult for the pilot to fight small ships due to the ship having only one Small Turret.
- This is a ship that is designed to tear down the shields of capital ships/starbases. The best use for this ship would be in dreadnought battles and in killing a Starbase's shields, as that is what it excels at.
- This ship is extremely good at defending against siegers as its 5 front heavy lasers can bring down their shield without getting in the heavy fire zone.
- During a siege, use it in conjunction with a hull breaker such as the Ridgebreaker to tear through both shield and hull.
- With the design of the ship, the Heavy Lasers will have slightly more range and will be able to out-range ships of its class, use this to your advantage.
- When it was added into the game the Sagittarius was nerfed heavily from the original model, being stripped of two Flaks, two Light Lasers, -450 Shield, -450 Hull and 12 speed.
- Named after the constellation and astral sign, as well as the Black Hole in the center of the Milky Way.
- Rarely seen since its known for being rather weak due to it having less turrets than usual.
- Remodel changed the ship to look somewhat like a sniper rifle. Its old model is shown below.