The Scimitar is a Destroyer Class ship commonly used as an interceptor against large targets.
The exterior of Scimitar features three jets, two elongated wings, four phasers and six cannon barrels (though only two fire). The ship's health pool is equally split between 600 hull and 600 shield.
- Decent spinal firepower.
- Highly maneuverable.
- Balanced shields and hull.
- A great choice for beginners.
- Hard to hit.
- Great for distracting bases and doing considerable damage to the base on its own.
- Both thermal and kinetic weaponry allows high damage to both shield and hull.
- Lacks any form of turrets.
- Requires good spinal aim to be effective in PvP.
- A somewhat low amount of total health.
- Can distract base Turrets fairly well with its speed and size.
- Great for hit and run.
- Since it is among the fastest ships in the game, it can be used as a shuttle.
- Great for wearing down larger ships if you can stay in their blind spot.
- Its description received a minor rewrite between versions .46 and .48.
- The ship features six cannon barrels but only fires two.
- It could wear down a Level 1 Starbase to 600 shield health if used in a suicidal run.
- A "scimitar" is actually a sword that came from the Persian empire.
- The Scimitar closely resembles some ships in the Galaxy on Fire game series.
- Niari and Berger are weapons companies from Galaxy on Fire.
|| Wasp, Tango, Hornet, Harvester, Advanced Miner, Industrial Miner, Commercial Miner, Rorqual, Mammoth, M Class
|| Wyrm, Tempura, Argonaut, Prospector, Hercules, Prepravca, Constellation, E Class
|| Starblade, Dropship, Avenger, Raven, Python, Osprey, Archangel, Viper, Abyss, Zhanado, Worm, Draco, Ishkur
|| Corvid, Phantom, Centurion, Scimitar, Zero, Cobra, Argosy, Sabre Tooth, Scythe, Meteor, Chimera, Starfall, Apostle, Ibis, Lich, Leecher
|| Xenon, Gunslinger, Orion, Reaver, Gideon, Nova, Spectre, Invictus, Sixfold, Lusso, Dramiel, Arthur, Gryphon, Nidhogg, Sentinel, Inquisitor
||Devestation, Bastion, Dire Wolf, Razor Wing, Radiance, Hecate, Aeaphiel, Grievion, Black Flare, Belvat, Sturm, Absolution, Tengu, Vansnova, Mjolnheimr
|| Sovereign, Nisos, Hasatan, Hawklight, Aegis, Warlock, Jackal, Archeon, Ampharos, Witch, Carvainir, Sentaliz, Genesis, Panther, Loyalist, Legionnaire
|| Sagittarius, Naglfar, Tennhausen, Tempest, Nemesis, Cyclops, Apocalypse, Leviathan, Zeus, Ridgebreaker, Andromeda, Behemoth, Retribution, Slipstream, Avalon, Lazarus
|| Revelation, Hevnetier, Stormbringer, Rhino, Nyx, Vanguard, Icarus, Nimitz, Borealis
|| Fury, Frenzy, Dragonfly, Xenophile, Nighthawk, Nixesion, Falcon, Interceptor, Swarmer Prototype, Spirit Nixesion, Blitz
|| Halloween Ship, Revenue, Eclipse, Toyota AE85, Flying Car, Aurora, Goliath X, Mastodon, Malice, Pill, Phalanx, Golden Flare
| Limited Event
|| Spiderblade, Blood Wing, Bone Ampharos, Frankenemi, Ghoul Nyx, Reaper, Blizzard, Viking, Icy, Glacier, Wooly Mammoth, Festive Wasp, Coal Wasp, 2018 Ship, United States Of Razor, Sakala, Sanguine, Unarmed Envoy, Halloween Hawklight, Halloween Grievion, Patriotic Rorqual, Patriotic Hercules
|| Prototype X-1, Prototype X-2