The Tempest is a powerful PvP and Support Dreadnought.
The Tempest is a PvP Support Dreadnought centered around escorting a fleet and acting as a defense for siege ships.
The front of the ship has two medium lasers mounted on it at a slight angle giving it a sleek appearance, along with most of the other Turrets. There are armor braces all throughout the ship's exterior.
It can also be used to Pirate large Miners and Freighters.
The Interior of the Tempest is limited, but it does have a control panel in front of the pilot's seat.
The entrance to the Tempest goes straight into the bridge. The bridge holds the controls to the ship as well as a heads-up display on the control panel.
- Excellent Turret placement allowing it to defend easily from smaller ships; also has the smallest blind spot of all Dreadnoughts.
- Great against Battleships and Carriers.
- Incredibly versatile Dreadnought, since it can cover many roles very well; Tanking with it's high combined health pool, taking down ships below it's class very effectively with it's variety of Turrets, and sieging with it's powerful Spinals from long ranges,
- One of the fastest Dreadnoughts in the class.
- Funny enough, it even makes a great ship for pirating bigger Miners and Freighters, thanks to it's good cargo hold for it's class.
- Without its spinals, it is greatly threatened by other Dreadnoughts.
- Has a large skill curve in terms of usage in comparison to other dreads
- Travel with a fleet to ensure your Turret firepower doesn't fall short against other Dreadnoughts/Battleships/Carriers.
- Get as close as you can if you are fighting ships so your turrets can get in range.
- In order to aim all turrets on a single target, you must aim the nose directly at the target.
- Due to its large arsenal of turrets being medium sized, they have somewhat short range and require the ship to be within close quarters of the enemies for its full firepower to be available.
- When hunting someone or defending against someone, stay at 6.8k distance and use spinals, as most ships are unable to shoot at this range and wait till they either close in or run. If they decide to run then you can warp towards the weakened target as you should have full health.
- Nerfed before release. Used to have 6 large phasers and 23 more speed. Also had a part reduction.
- Did not have a cargo hold until .52d.
- Used to use an odd weld script resulting in offset parts, which as of version .52i has been fixed.
- Used to have a good interior but it was stripped out to lower the part count as it made the game lag.
- Remodeled once again by oChaosWarrioro, Interior brought back, even lower part count than before (313).
- Reverted back to the original model with only a bridge interior and an elegant exterior.
- .62a Received a change to it's flak cannons being swapped over to Dual Gatling Cannons, lost it's huge cannons as they were swapped to large cannons.
- Used to be the only dreadnought with Flak Cannons.
- From Mass Effect Andromeda there is a ship ALSO called the Tempest,