The Wasp is a Miner-class ship and is one of the starter ships for Galaxy.
Anyone who joins galaxy for the first time is automatically given a Wasp. Wasps cost nothing, meaning you have an infinite supply of wasps.
The Wasp is also used for distracting base Turrets because It is a very fast miner in terms of top speed and players are not afraid to use it because they have an infinite supply. However, it is lacking in terms of mining speed and has a mining range of 3000.
- Very fast.
- Infinite supply.
- Pirates typically leave Wasps alone due to them having almost no loot and do not give Bounty.
- Small making it hard to target.
- Very slow mining speed.
- No defense against anything.
- Low hull and shield.
- Tiny ore hold. (Can only hold 250 Ore.)
- If your warehouse is Level 1, you do not have to worry about safety due to Newbie Immunity.
- Make sure you always check if any enemies are coming every 30 seconds, either by looking around or on the Minimap.
- Always mine in a peaceful faction so you don't risk being attacked.
- Stay close to friendly combat ships when possible, they can help protect you from enemies.
- If you are mining in a faction that is at war, only mine near your Starbase.
- Don't mine at the Mega Base if you are at war and you aren't protected. (Unless you have new player protection).
- Received a remodel in version .56b.
- .61h1? - Warp drive added
- Along with the Wyrm, it is automatically given to any new player.
- Has the lowest total health of any ship purchasable and spawn-able by players.
- Commonly used to attempt to glitch ships such as Battleships and Dreadnoughts. This is bannable as stated in the Galaxy Rules.
- Occasionally used to block the Spinals of larger ships during sieges, due to its status as a free ship allowing it to be destroyed at no cost.
- Smallest Miner currently in Galaxy.
- Brings in about 312 credits without any Loyalty per run, but can earn up to 562.
- Has two limited variants from the 2017 Christmas event in the form of the Coal Wasp and the Festive Wasp.
- It is used in the mining tutorial of the game.
- The Wasp was originally called a Mining Frigate in Pre-Alpha.
- Commonly joked about with people mockingly saying it is the best ship in the game.