The Wasp is a Miner-class ship and is one of the starter ships for Galaxy.
The Wasp is a tiny Miner class ship given to all new players in Galaxy. Compared to other Miners, it is lacking in terms of mining speed and has a small mining range of 4000 studs. The Wasp is also used for distracting base Turrets because it has a high top speed and players are not afraid to lose it. Wasps cost nothing and can be rebuilt immediately upon destruction, meaning players will always have a new one in their inventory.
- Very fast.
- Infinite supply.
- Pirates typically leave Wasps alone due to them having almost no loot and their nonexistent Bounty gain.
- Small, making it hard to target.
- Very slow mining speed.
- No defense against anything.
- Low hull and shield.
- Tiny ore hold. (Can only hold 250 Ore.)
- Aliens often target Miners.
- If your warehouse is Level 1, you do not have to worry about safety due to Newbie Immunity.
- Make sure to check if any enemies are coming every 30 seconds, either by looking around or on the Minimap.
- Always mine in a peaceful faction so you don't risk being attacked.
- Stay close to friendly combat ships when possible, they can help protect you from enemies.
- If you are mining in a faction that is at war, only mine near your Starbase.
- Don't mine at the Mega Base if you are at war and you aren't protected. (Unless you have new player protection).
- This thing is free, so you can take slight risks, just remember to get what you mined back.
- Received a remodel in version .56b.
- .61h1? - Warp drive added.
- Along with the Wyrm, it is automatically given to any new player.
- Commonly used to attempt to glitch ships such as Battleships and Dreadnoughts. This is bannable as stated in the Galaxy Rules.
- Occasionally used to block the Spinals of larger ships during sieges, due to its status as a free ship allowing it to be destroyed at no cost.
- Smallest Miner currently in Galaxy.
- Brings in about 312 credits without any Loyalty per run, but can earn up to 562 credits.
- Has two limited variants from the 2017 Christmas event in the form of the Coal Wasp and the Festive Wasp, both of which were given out by admins one time only on Christmas Day.
- It is used in the mining tutorial of the game.
- The Wasp was originally called a Mining Frigate in Pre-Alpha.
- Commonly joked about with people mockingly saying it is the best ship in the game, and because of this it slowly has become a meme within the galaxy community.
- Very well known to be the best ship in the game when fighting a Prototype ship, as it is too fast and small to hit, as well as being free. however, this means that the Prototype can kill the base, as the Wasps will not be able to do damage.