The Wasp is a Miner-class ship and is one of the starter ships for Galaxy.
The Wasp is a tiny Miner class ship given to all new players in Galaxy. Compared to other miners, it is lacking in terms of mining speed and has a small mining range of 4000 studs. The Wasp is also used for distracting base Turrets because it has a very high top speed and players are not afraid to lose it. Wasps cost nothing and are immediately re-gifted upon destruction, meaning players will always have a new one in their inventory.
- Very fast.
- Infinite supply.
- Pirates typically leave Wasps alone due to them having almost no loot and their nonexistent Bounty gain.
- Small, making it hard to target.
- Very slow mining speed.
- No defense against anything.
- Low hull and shield.
- Tiny ore hold. (Can only hold 250 Ore.)
- Aliens often target miners.
- If your warehouse is Level 1, you do not have to worry about safety due to Newbie Immunity.
- Make sure to check if any enemies are coming every 30 seconds, either by looking around or on the Minimap.
- Always mine in a peaceful faction so you don't risk being attacked.
- Stay close to friendly combat ships when possible, they can help protect you from enemies.
- If you are mining in a faction that is at war, only mine near your Starbase.
- Don't mine at the Mega Base if you are at war and you aren't protected. (Unless you have new player protection).
- Received a remodel in version .56b.
- .61h1? - Warp drive added
- Along with the Wyrm, it is automatically given to any new player.
- Commonly used to attempt to glitch ships such as Battleships and Dreadnoughts. This is bannable as stated in the Galaxy Rules.
- Occasionally used to block the Spinals of larger ships during sieges, due to its status as a free ship allowing it to be destroyed at no cost.
- Smallest Miner currently in Galaxy.
- Brings in about 312 credits without any Loyalty per run, but can earn up to 562.
- Has two limited variants from the 2017 Christmas event in the form of the Coal Wasp and the Festive Wasp.
- It is used in the mining tutorial of the game.
- The Wasp was originally called a Mining Frigate in Pre-Alpha.
- Commonly joked about with people mockingly saying it is the best ship in the game.