The Zeus is a shield-breaker Dreadnought class ship.
Designed to destroy the shields of large ships and Starbases, it can prove a nightmare for other Battleships and Dreadnoughts. It is also a prominent tank, having the strongest shield of any ship in the game. (Except the Nyx, Borealis, Lazarus and Prototypes). Because of this, it can prove very useful in a siege, however, it is recommended to do this with caution, as it will need to get close for its Medium Lasers to be within firing range.
Despite the size of this Dreadnought, the Zeus's interior is very small, (like the Apocalypse.) The player boards via a hatch. This hatch leads to a ramp, which takes the player to another hatch, behind this hatch is the captain's chair and the bridge.
- Large Laser arsenal makes it a great shield breaker.
- Excellent shield tank.
- Decent maneuverability, able to outmaneuver some Dreadnoughts.
- High health.
- Due to no kinetic weaponry, it can have a very hard time getting through the enemy hull.
- Lacks a Spinal mount weapon.
- Vulnerable bottom.
- Small range for a Dreadnought because of its numerous Medium Turrets.
- Very slow.
- This is a good ship to use for shield killing when camping at the Mega Base or when sieging because it can absorb a lot more damage than other shield breakers.
- It's also a good siege support as its Heavy Laser would bring down the base shield while 6 Medium Lasers give it a good defense against incoming hostiles.
- Approach this ship from the bottom at full speed so that the Turrets will have a hard time hitting you.
- If you are a ship that is easily killed by Starbase lasers, approach this ship slowly from the back and possibly below if you are an Archeon or Warlock.
- Don’t use this ship as a frontline tank as its shields will quickly be drained by the heavy lasers from the Starbase.
- When accompanied with another siege dread such as the Apocalypse or Ridgebreaker, attack the base's shields while letting. Once the base is hulled, let the other dread finish off the Starbase.
- Nerfed in .58b, removed of a heavy laser and a flak in exchange for a medium laser.
- Buffed in .58c, shield was boosted by 2000.
- Buffed in .61e4 shield and hull was boosted
- Buffed in .63h Medium Laser switched to heavy, and preexisting heavies switched to triples.
- The Turret placements were updated on 10/19/2016.
- Received several remodels.