The Zhen has a naturally flat design, which gives it a huge edge in dog-fighting. It's two Turrets are Advanced AutoLasers and AutoCannons, which help tremendously when it comes to tackling smaller ships.
Most weapons will have more difficulty hitting the Zhen. It comes equipped with powerful Spinals, carrying two Small Torpedoes and two Medium Phasers that are capable of massive damage if you can hit the ship you are attacking.
The interior of the ship is very small, with room for just a pilot, and minimal paneling and decoration.
- Fastest ship of its class.
- Flat design makes it harder to hit.
- Massive Spinal damage.
- Shreds small ships.
- Can sneak into blind spots for easy damage.
- Large cargo hold, great for pirating.
- No blind spots.
- Great at hunting Aliens, thanks to its firepower and large cargo hold.
- Low health.
- Very expensive for its class.
- Requires 1 Ascension Crystal to build, which can be difficult to obtain.
- Damage per second is reduced drastically if pilot is not skilled with spinals.
- This ship should be used primarily for pirating bigger Miners and Freighters since it can easily chase them down and score multiple Torpedo hits.
- In team fight situations, use this ship for sneaking into blind spots of bigger ships for easy damage.
- The Zhen's flat design will typically let you dodge most of the time. But beware of high accuracy weapon ships such as the Mjolnheimr.
- In a hunting situation, use the range of your Torpedoes along with your speed to pick off your target.
- Introduced in .64d.
- Price buffed soon after its release.
- Price reduced, and weapons nerfed the day after it was released.
- The Zhen’s 2 Medium Torpedos were nerfed into 2 Small Torpedos in a unknown version.
- In .65a5, the Zhen had it's Dual Gatlings changed to Advanced AutoLasers and Advanced AutoCannons.
- Currently the only Battlecruiser with multiple Torpedoes.
- The Zhen is based on the Zhen from Star Conflict.
- The ship is referred in the update log as the "Zhen Gunship".
- The ship has no faction colour aside from the Turrets.
- Sean Morabito was first to buy this ship.
- While it can still be spawned, it is currently not possible to build it.
- The top and bottom engines are unaligned.